# Server Updating
This section outlines the update process required to upgrade to V3 from old releases (V3.X).
- Check that your server meets the requirements for running the target release to update.
- Make sure to have a recent backup of your database and your code modifications (if any). Keep in mind that after the update you will need to re-apply your modifications.
# CLI update (V3.20+)
- Run the following command:
sudo -u www-data php /var/www/html/cli.php -C update
# HTTP update
- Go to
/dashboardand click on "check for updates"
- Install the update when prompted
# Manual update
- Download the latest release (opens new window)
- Upload all the files and folders from the
cheveretofolder to your target website
- Go to