# Server Updating
This section outlines the update process required to upgrade to V3 from old releases (V3.X).
- Check that your server meets the requirements for running the target release to update.
- Make sure to have a recent backup of your database and your code modifications (if any).
- After the update you will need to re-apply your modifications.
# Using Release package
The release package is a
zip file containing the software files. Once extracted, the software is ready to be updated.
👉 This method is recommended for cPanel, Plesk and other web panel users.
- Upload the latest release (opens new window) package to your server (usually in the
- Unzip the software using your server built-in
- Remove the
- Open your target website URL and follow the instructions
# Using Composer package manager
Using Composer the update carried in CLI context. It requires:
- CLI with
- Composer (opens new window)
👉 This method is recommended for VPS and machines with CLI access.
- Run the following command from your Chevereto project folder:
# HTTP update (legacy)
The HTTP method doesn't provide the same reliability as the other methods. Don't worry if it randomly fails, if that ever happens simply try again with an alternative update method instead.
👉 This method should be used only as last resort.
- Go to panel/license (opens new window) and grab your V3 license key
- Go to
/dashboardand click on "check for updates"
- Install the update when prompted
- Provide your license key