This refers to the provisioning alternatives for getting Chevereto installed in your server. It takes from granted that your server meets all the system requirements.
If you are installing on a VPS check our Root install (LEMP) guide.
If you are new into self-hosting you should check the guides created by other users of the software.
# A. Install using our Installer (recommended)
The chevereto/installer is a single
.php file which will download and extract the latest release.
- Upload the installer to your server target destination (usually the
- Open your website at
/installer.phpand follow the process.
The installer will prompt with steps to install the software, after that it will download the software, extract it and it will post to
/install the data previously provided.
The installer works on top of HTTP so it relies in many sub-systems that could fail. If doesn't work for you the recommendation is to follow another install procedure.
- If you get an Unable to perform HTTP request it means that URL rewriting and/or other systems are preventing the installer to issue HTTP requests to
- It fails before extracting the software: Switch to manual installation
- It fails after extracting the software: Go to
/installto continue the process
⚠ In both cases REMOVE the
# B. Install using Docker
Docker allows you to easily install a container version of the software.
👏🏾 All the Docker images are user provided. If you know about more Docker images let's us know to list it here. Thanks for contributing!
Note: when using Docker with the paid edition check that the image support our
- linuxserver/chevereto thanks to linuxserver.io
- nmtan/chevereto thanks to Tan Nguyen
- zaywalker/chevereto thanks to Jae Yoon KIM
- einverne/chevereto thanks to Ein Verne
Check our guides section for user provided guides on setting up a Docker environment.
# C. Install via zip
- Download the latest release
- Upload all the contents of the
cheveretofolder to your server (usually in the
- Go to your target website URL and follow the instructions
# D. Install using Softaculous/Fantastico
Note: Our paid edition isn't available in these script libraries. However, you can install Chevereto Free and then one-click upgrade it to the paid edition directly from the
# Install issues
Most common install issue is missing system requirements so make sure that you are running a compatible system and that all the data is correct like working MySQL credentials and privileges.
Check our community support in case you need help with the server provisioning