# 🚀 Upgrading
This section outlines the upgrade process required to install V3. You can upgrade to V3 from any previous old release.
These versions are really old, if you encounter any issue upgrading from these please report it.
# Update from V2.1 - V2.6
When updating from these old versions try to always perform a database backup of your system.
- Download the latest release (opens new window)
- Save the DB connection info from
- Save the
__CHV_CRYPT_SALT__that you have in
- Upload all the files except for the images folder
- Go to your website, the system will ask you for the DB connection info
- Complete the process with the required information
- The system MUST ask you for your
__CHV_CRYPT_SALT__. If not, don't continue the process and ask for support
- Remove the
/adminfolder, you won't need it anymore. Since 3.0.0 the admin folder is
# Update from 2.0.X and older
- Update to 2.1 (or newer) following the instructions in the download package
- Proceed with the Update from 2.1 - 2.6 instructions